- Learn how to maximize profitability with our new Advanced Profitability Track: A Deep Dive into Legal Pricing, Projects and Processes, which comprises a structured set of sessions designed specifically for your financial success.
- Partake in a full day of Idea Exchanges on Sunday, May 22, including traditional topics such as Chapter Leader; Small, Medium and Large Firm; Human Resources; Corporate and Government, along with new topics introduced in 2015 – Branch Office and Professional Development Advisory Committee.
- Be a part of the future! ALA will conduct a pilot virtual conference this year, offering a simulcast of three select sessions. Keep an eye on this site for additional details.
- CLM Application Track: Attendees can earn all 10 hours of education required to meet the General Education Requirements for taking the Certified Legal Manager certification exam.
- Specialty Sessions: New this year, the Annual Conference committee has suggested that each of the specialty segments (Corporate, Government, Intellectual Property, Personal Injury/Plaintiff) provide a full education session in addition to their long standing Idea Exchanges. Please look for these sessions during regular education times on Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
Get answers to today’s issues and tomorrow’s challenges.
Choose from more than 85 education sessions in five key legal management areas: Communications and Organizational Management, Finance Management, Human Resources Management, Operations Management/IT and Legal Industry/Business Management.
Hot Topics in 2016*:
- Ensure Attorney-Client Email Confidentiality
- Implement New Approaches for Driving Growth, Profitability and Revenue
- Align Talent Management with Organizational Goals
- Save Time and Money with Next-Generation Software
- Prevent the Disciplinary Counsel from Knocking on Your Door
- Leverage Emerging, Game-Changing Technology Trends
*Session titles subject to change
Be sure to check out the increasingly popular BOLD Bites (Business of Law Discussions)! These presentations are based on the popular TED Talks where presenters discuss practical tips and innovative and provocative ideas about a variety of topics. Presentations based on the TED Talks format typically have timeframes ranging from 15 – 20 minutes in length. They may or may not include media such as PowerPoint.
“ALA’s Annual Conference always has great educational sessions and allows me to obtain my credits for CLM and HRCI recertification. A number of business partners now work with my firm due to connections made at the ALA Annual Conference.”
Lana S. McGinnis, CLM, SPHR
Sturgill, Turner, Barker & Moloney, PLLC